These are great for Bar-B-Q, cookouts, and game day!
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green bell pepper
2 minced garlic cloves or 3-4 Tbs minced & jarred garlic
1/4 c dried pineapple chopped
1/4 c vegetable stock
1 can tomato paste
2 cans of navy beans
5-7 drops liquid smoke
2 Tbs molasses
1/4 can of beer (your choice)*
Maple syrup (to sprinkle on top)
Sweet Jalopy Jalapeños**
* The chef should consume the other 3/4’s can, followed by a yeeehaw.
* My husband & I picked these DELICIOUS Sweet Jalopy Jalapeños up at a farmers market (we got the kind with peaches). They are SO GOOD. You should get a jar! http://www.jalopyfoods.com/products.html. If you can’t get these fast enough, just chop up about some pickled jalapeño slices with a dash of canned peaches. It’s not the same, but it’ll get you out of a pinch.
- Sauté the onions, bell pepper, and garlic in a large sauce pot until soft and translucent (you may use a Tbs of oil to sauté or leave it out)…
- add the rest of the ingredients (except for the maple syrup and jalapeños) and simmer in the pot until thick…
- transfer to a baking dish and top with maple syrup and jalapeños (you may add some additional chopped & dried pineapple to the top if you want to make them even sweeter)…
- bake at 375 until thick and bubbly (about 30-45 mins).
- Cool beans!